Thank You For This Moment You Are My Greatest Story Ever Told

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The When and How



In January of '05 I got on LDS Mingle to find some friends my age(As I was coming out of a long relationship and wasn't looking for a boyfriend.)
On The 17th (This is how nathan tells it) I came across a profile that caught my eye and I sent him a "wink" That said "Your Hot!" ( I think he sent it to me first.)
We began to email eachother and decided we should meet up. On the 21st we met at Red Robin(I made my sister Raechel come with me just in case he was crazy) and then we went to see In Good Company. From there we emailed back and forth. On our second date which was only a few days later I told him we would get married he laughed and said I don't think so. (He had also come out of a long relationship.)

We continued to date through Febuary and March. We loved going to the park and reading a Tale of Two Cities together. Towards the middle of April we decided to take some time apart.
I was going out of town with some friends so on my way up North I stopped by his apartment(looking all good) and gave him some of his stuff back. He asked if he could call me and I replied If I answer I answer. He did call and I did answer.

On May 7th I was at his house getting ready to go to dinner when he looked at me and said I want to marry you. I said Ok. We talked to his roomate at the time because I would have to move in there once we got married he was okay with it.

I was working at Lowes and Nathan was at Home Depot at the time and he had the 13-15th off, so we decided on the 13th(which is also Nathans Birthday.)

I had to work that morning so we were planning on going to the Justice of the Peace after I got off. Well I left early and got home at 12. Our ceremony was at 4. We arrived at the courthouse at 3... I thought that the Scottsdale courthouse would have a place to get our license..... no they didn't. the closest place was Mesa. It was the begining of rushhour. Nathan was upset because I didn't check it before and was like we aren't getting married today... I said yes we are get in the car.It was 3:30 when we started driving to Mesa. I got us there be 3:45(don't ask how) driving the speed limit. And yes traffic was horrible. When we got to the Courthouse in Mesa we were the 5th people in line to get the license... I told Nathan to start bribing people..he didn't but we had a good laugh.The line went really fast and I called the courthouse in Scottsdale and they said if you are here by 4:45 we can still marry you today. It was 4:20 when we left Mesa. Traffic was worse. I got us there by 4:45... We got married and spent the weekend at the Grand Canyon. It was beautiful.




3 comments:

Class and Sass said...

Very cute story!!

Brenton and Adree Jensen said...

oh ym goodness i had no idea that's how you guys got together :) that's awesome. hey, what part of utah will you be in??? it would be nice to meet for dinner or something if you have time :)

jasonandhartley said...

aww, that's a cute story!